Friday, April 5, 2013

I know...

I know a lot more today than I did a week ago.

I know now that Tabbi is in a "good" orphanage and it is still a terrible place for children to grow up. There are too many children with too few workers. There are too many needs and not enough funds. There are babies that don't cry because they know it won't matter, there are toddlers that don't toddle because the workers don't have time to teach them and there are pre-school age children that ask every visitor if you are their momma.

I know there are people, like Maggie and the orphanage nurses and teachers, that passionately love these children and want desperately for them to find homes. They give as much of themselves as they can...and some give even more. They work tirelessly for a first step or a first word and rejoice when the parents finally come.

I know this world is much smaller than I thought. We are all the same, we long to be loved and to give our children better than we had. We want to see a world filled with justice and peace. I also know now the effects dictators and controlling political parties can have on the people of a nation and those effects can last for generations after the dictator or party are gone. I know there is passion and desire in all of us to live and there is a need in all of us for God.

I know, at the end of this terribly long and painfully short week, who goes before me, I know who stands behind, the God of angel armies is always by my side. I know who reigns forever, He is a friend of mine, the God of angel armies is always by my side. He loves Tabbi more than I ever will and He feels the same about every face I've seen this week...inside and outside the orphanage. I have seen Him everywhere I've looked this week, I have felt His presence in every step and I know He will bring me back for my daughter. I pray He will bring some of you for some of the faces I've seen this week too.

I know that Barry, Tabbi, Eli, LJ and I are loved by so many people and I am incredibly humbled by it. Thank you all for walking this journey with us through your gifts, your prayers and your love, it means more to us than we will ever be able to express. I know we have a long road ahead of us but Barry and I are thrilled and encouraged by the progress Tabbi has made this week. I thank you all for your commitment to seeing us through because we will not be able to do it alone. Thank you all again, from the bottom of our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous post! Will continue praying for you as you travel back different than you went.

    ReplyDelete